Sunday, April 4, 2010

PDF Preview Handler for Vista not...

Rencently I recived an e-mail with an attached PDF file and when I try to get the preview from Outlook 2007 in Windows 7 I can only see a message saying that there was an error with PDF Preview Handler for Vista and I have to double click the file to open with it's application. The thing is that I have already reinstaled both applications (Outlook 2007 and Acrobat 9) and I still getting the same results. I can preview PDF files from Internet Explorer 8 so there may be some bugs with this preview handler. If anyone knows a solution or registry classes fix It would be so helpful.

PDF Preview Handler for Vista not...

Download and install the free foxit reader as it works perfect in Vista Ultimate 64 bit and Windows 7 RC. I took adobe reader off both my computers due to the security problems with the software. Foxit reader is only like 4MB download too.

Far as I have read on a google and looking in the PDF fourms the answer is no to a fix.

PDF Preview Handler for Vista not...

Thanks for your suggestion but this viewer does not support integrated 3D files (*.obj, etc) so is not very useful for me.

I just upgraded my desktop at work to Windows 7 Enterprise x64 to work on compatibility testing.?After installing the latest Adobe Reader 9.1 I also have this problem with Office 2007, and the PDF Preview Handler.

http://www.ditii.com/2009/09/11/fix-for-adobe-pdf-preview-handler-bug-in-64-bit- windows/

Unfortunately this does not fix the thumbnail preview generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment