Sunday, April 4, 2010

Page Palette

I recently started having problems with the Page Palette, first the 'new page' %26amp; 'trash' icons dissappeared, now the pages display horizontally with page icons dissappearing off on the right (usually going to ten, before wrapping).

I have CS4,

I have the latest 6.03 update installed (which is when this began to happen).

I did the 'three-finger' reset of preferences (yes I got the dialog box to reset them), but it didn't really reset everything.

I manually deleted 'Essential Workspaces' file which did reset my preferences to default, but the pages palette is still behaving strangely.

Anyone had this problem? Anything I missed here?

Page Palette

Did you get the prompt to reset your prefs? If not, you didn't do it fast enough.

Bob

Page Palette

Hey Bob:

''I did the 'three-finger' reset of preferences (yes I got the dialog box to reset them)''. I'm not that old!

Bart Cross wrote:

Hey Bob:

''I did the 'three-finger' reset of preferences (yes I got the dialog box to reset them)''. I'm not that old!

Being that i had deleted the 'Essential Workspaces' file, I deleted the preferences file again and it appears to have worked the second time.

You may have to delete the one file, and then reset the prefs to make the problem go away if it persists. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Hopefully this can help someone else.

Peter: I'm actually getting there too.

Can I give myself points?

I suspect a ''reset (whatever) workspace'' command from the menu would work, too. ID keeps both the base workspace XML and the current state XML codes in the Workspaces folder, as well as the ''current workspace'' and I don't believe a prefs reset touches those.

Peter

I am.

Sorry, I didn't notice the post was from you.

Bob

....but Bob, you're a 'Community Expert'!

No comments:

Post a Comment