Sunday, April 4, 2010

Flash Lite database application - help!

Dear all,

I would like to ask for your help/opinion.

I am a beginner Flash programmer. I am planning to create a Flash Lite application that will provide information on current cultural events (e.g. music, theatre), cinema listings, restaurant recommendations etc.

For this, I need to have a database on my server, which will store all the data (e.g for a music event I need the place, artist name, date and time, description of event, contact details, and maybe an image).

I then want to transfer the data (only updates) to my users' mobile phones, and store them there. This will allow them to update and then be able to browse the information offline.

I am not sure how to do this. I read about Shared Objects, but it seems that these objects do not provide enough space for what I need to do (let's say 1000 records at least at any one time).

Can anyone provide any direction on how to solve this problem? Just to recap, I am looking for a solution to create a Flash Lite database application that will receive cumulative updates from a web server and store the data locally on the mobile.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help you can give me!

Andreas

  • facebook.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment