Friday, April 2, 2010

Huge image size, fuzzy type:...

I have created a chart in Illustrator that is 795 pix W and 616 pix high.?I tried exporting it to Dreamweaver as a JPEG, but Dreamweaver doesn't recognize it as an image.?I then tried exporting it to Dreamweaver as a PNG.?When I insert the image in a Dreamweaver file, the size is huge:?3321 pix W and 2575 pix high.?At that size, everything is crisp and clear.?However, when I reduce it to its proper size, the text is very fuzzy.

I would be grateful if anyone could tell me how to resolve this.

Regards,

Rob

Huge image size, fuzzy type:...

I am also experiancing a very similar problem to yours.

I specificly set my artboard to be 1px by 120px. I make my image but when I export it (with the use artboards button checked) it is suddenly 4px by 504px.

Dont know why the hell that is happening.

Probably another reason I should have got photoshop?

Huge image size, fuzzy type:...

Just a brief post script.?This link will show what the problem looks like.?http://www.writingforresults.net/image.html.?The first image is the result after I bring the image down to the right size.?The image below it is what it looks like it when I first insert it in Dreamweaver.

Rob

Live text in Dream holds up much better than bitmap text for some reason.?If you look at Adobe's Forum text ( throughout the UI ), it looks sharp even though it's really small.?The coarseness of your text could go back to Illustrator when you did the Export.?You should of seen an option for anti-alias which should have been selected.?Also, try doing a ''Save-for-Web'' instead of Export.?You'll see several options there you can choose from.?I'm surprised the .jpg Export didn't work.

One thing that might affect sizing is your document's raster setting and/or document resolution.?It's my theory that if your raster is 300ppi and Dream's import res is 72ppi, then it might size it up to get that 72ppi.?For instance, if the document's res is 150ppi, Dream might size it up 200% to get the 72ppi. If you use ''Save-for-Web'', even if you create in 300ppi raster, SFW will show you different res options including what size it will be and how it will look at 72ppi and you can choose .gif, .jpg, or .png.

Many thanks for those suggestions, John.?I will try them and let you know how it works out.

Rob

John, that Save to Web worked perfectly.?Many thanks for your help!?Much appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

Glad to hear it worked out. Have a good one!

  • facebook.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment