Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Total failure on FMS port connectivity...

Why does the FMS port connectivity test consistently report that every single port (RTMP and HTTP tunnelling) test failed? (The page even notes that all users should pass it!) I've updated the Flash Player, I've opened ports 80, 443 and 1935, and yet it still keeps failing. I'm using Vista Home Basic's firewall, but shouldn't allowing the ports in the Exeptions tab of the settings work?

I've tried googling for solutions, but to no avail. All I get is advice to open the ports (which I have, I've even tried switching them from TCP to UDP in a desperate attempt -- it did absolutely nothing) and update my Flash players (which I'd done before running the damn test).

My main browser is Firefox 3.0.10 (and yes, I've checked to see if I have multiple Flash installations in add-ons -- I don't), but the tests also fail in IE.

I'd be really grateful for any and all advice and help.

Message was edited by: Lyssa32%26#13;
I should add that I have admin privileges on the computer. (And I'm on mobile broadband, not ADSL -- though that shouldn't affect the test outcome at all.)

Total failure on FMS port connectivity...

If you're using the port test at

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/164/tn_16466.html

it's not your machine or configuration. It's been failing for everyone for the past couple of days. Perhaps they changed the server side app without updatng the client.

Try the port testers on Flashcomguru... they're working

http://flashcomguru.com/apps/port_test/index.cfm

Total failure on FMS port connectivity...

Thanks for the post.?A big help.?Anyone from Adobe fixing the normal test?

The FlashGuru test site worked for me too.

Since it is now end of October, it appears that Adobe is not working to fix the problem on their site.

At minimum, they shoud take the page down, or set it as ''Under Construction''.

Thanks for providing that link.

No comments:

Post a Comment